Follow us on Twitter

Check Twitter daily to see what we're doing in our class. Go to @DoironKdg for updates.



Wednesday, June 12, 2013

An empty classroom ...

When I read Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten by Joseph Slate, to my class on the first day of school, we saw Miss Bindergarten (a border collie) carrying boxes from home, coming into an empty, deserted classroom, and setting up the classroom.  
I explained to the class that teachers really do that.  
On the last day of school, I read Miss Bindergarten Celebrates the Last Day of Kindergarten.  In that book, we see Miss Bindergarten taking apart the classroom and packing things up.  I reminded the children that I would be doing that, as well.  I thought my students would like to see what our classroom looks like when I left school on June 12th.

Uh oh, someone spilled blue paint!

Thank you to our volunteer, Mrs. Halliger, for putting our room number on all the furniture.  This will guarantee that our things get put back into the correct classroom after it is all put into the hall while the carpet gets shampooed.

What a relief to know what that black thing on the desk is called.  Ha ha!  (Yes, that's the cleanest my desk has ever been!)

Lots of things are hiding on the shelves behind that paper.

At the beginning of August, I will put the classroom back together again.  Keep watch for the new posts "next year".
By the way, Miss Bindergarten is on Facebook.
The site is a forum for kindergarten teachers around the world, discussing everything from the Common Core State Standards, to curriculum, to recess, and naptime.  (Naptime?  What's that?)

No comments: